The Swedish Institute (SI) is now launching the Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP), a new scholarship programme which replaces Swedish Institute Study Scholarships (SISS).
- To begin with, apply for a master’s programme at universityadmissions.se, between 16 October 2021 – 15 January 2022.
- Apply for an SI scholarship 10 February 2022, follow the instructions below.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible countries: International students (especially from developing countries)
To be taken in (country): Sweden
Accepted Subject Areas: SISGP offers scholarships to a large number of master’s programmes starting in the autumn semester 2022. Check the list of master’s programmes that are eligible for SISGP.
About Swedish Institute Scholarships: The Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) programme is part of the Swedish government’s international awards scheme aimed at developing global leaders who will contribute to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. It is funded by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Sweden and administered by the Swedish Institute (SI).
The programme offers a unique opportunity for global professionals to develop professionally and academically, to experience Swedish society and culture, and to build a long-lasting relationship with Sweden and with each other.
The goal is to enable the scholarship holders to play an active role in the positive development of the societies in which they live. Ideal candidates are ambitious young professionals with academic qualifications, demonstrated work and leadership experience, ambition to make a difference by working with issues which contribute to a just and sustainable development in their country in a long term perspective, and a clear idea of how a study programme in Sweden would benefit their country.
Priority will be given to applicants with a strong and relevant professional background and demonstrated leadership experience.
Eligibility/Criteria: Applicants must
- have minimum of 3,000 hours of demonstrated full-time or part-time employment, voluntary work, paid/unpaid internship, and/or position of trust.
- be from an eligible country
- display academic qualifications and leadership experience.
- be required to pay tuition fees to the universities, have followed the steps of university admission, and will be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programmes..
- have demonstrated leadership experience from employment, voluntary work, and/or internship after high school studies.
- Read more about the selection criteria, target countries, and eligible master programmes (in link below) before applying.
Number of Scholarships: Approximately 300 scholarships will be awarded
Swedish Institute Scholarships Value:
- Tuition fees: directly paid to the Swedish university by us
- Living expenses of SEK 10,000/month
- Travel grant of SEK 15,000 *
- Insurance against illness and accident
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders(NFGL) – a platform to grow professionally and build your network while in Sweden
- Membership of the SI Alumni Network after your scholarship period – a platform for continued networking and further professional development
* The travel grant is a one-time payment for the entire study period. The grant is not applicable to students already living in Sweden.
The scholarship does not cover:
- Additional grants for family members
- Application fee to University Admissions
Duration of Scholarships: The Swedish Institute Study Scholarships is intended for full-time master’s level studies of one or two years, and is only awarded for programmes starting in the autumn semester. The scholarship is granted for one academic year (two semesters) at a time. It will be extended for programmes longer than two semesters, provided that the student has passed his/her courses/credits.
How to apply for Swedish Institute Scholarships: The application process consists of these steps.
- Apply for a master’s programme at universityadmissions.se
- Apply for a SISGP scholarship
- Notifications from University Admissions
- Announcement of 300 successful SI scholarship recipients
It is important to go through ALL Application requirements before applying for this scholarship
Visit Programme Webpage for Details